Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Imperfect Traces Left by Human Hands

1. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=14234185

2. T. Susan Chang

3. The Imperfect Traces Left by Human Hands

4. She believes that things should be simple instead of using advanced technology for everything.

5. Ex1: "Sometimes, my husband and I hold hands and scan the sky for constellations, roughly sketching the seasons as they pass overhead."

Ex2: But something was changing in me. As the world went digital and the Matrix movies played to packed houses, I found myself drawn to fountain pens, clothbound books and bargain-priced LPs.

6. Favorite passage: One night the fuses blew and my husband and I had to choose between light and music for our one remaining outlet. We opted for music and sat close together in the darkness as the worn out needle brought Art Pepper back from the dead, his saxophone weaving cracked tapestries of sound.

No comments: